Folkestone Town Mayor’s Christmas Fund
Since 1974 applications have been welcomed each year around this time from residents of Folkestone to apply to the Town Mayor of Folkestone's Christmas Fund for assistance with their winter expenses.
Prior to 1974 this was known as the Mayor's Coal Fund and gifts of coal were distributed to those eligible. Each year local businesses and individuals make donations to the Mayor's Christmas Fund and payments are then sent in January to residents aged 75 and over who fall within a certain financial criteria, as agreed by the Town Mayor of Folkestone's Christmas Fund Committee.
Any organisation or individual who wishes to make a donation, however small, can do so by addressing it to the Town Mayor of Folkestone, Folkestone Town Council, The Town Hall, 1-2 Guildhall Street, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 1DY. Cheques should be made payable to 'The Town Mayor's Christmas Fund' or via BACs to the same account (Account No. 08616639 Sort Code 52-41-42).
In order to be considered for a gift applicants need to:
- Answer all questions on the application form (Application form PDF / Application form Word format)
- Be aged 75 or over on 31st December 2021
- Be a resident of Folkestone
- Not reside in a residential or care home
- Submit one application per household
- Return the form to Folkestone Town Council, The Town Hall, 1-2 Guildhall Street, Folkestone, Kent CT20 1DY by post or email to email@example.com by 4.00pm on 23 December 2021