Cheap chargers could cause fires
KCC Trading Standards is warning consumers to not buy cheap chargers as they may not be made to the same EU and UK safety standards as genuine chargers.
Cheap generic chargers and fake chargers can be found online and in market stalls for a fraction of the price of genuine products. But these products come with a risk and may cause fires and injuries.
If you have bought a cheap charger and notice it has loose casing and pins, do not use it. Report it to KCC Trading Standards online.
Trading Standards Charger Tips:
- Don't leave electrical products charging over night
- Don't charge your electrical product on a flammable surface like carpet
- Don't overload your sockets
Don't risk it.
- Buy chargers from a reputable retailer or from a manufacturer
- Only use branded chargers for the product it is designed to charge
- Follow the manufacturers instructions
Follow KCC Trading Standards on Twitter @kent_ts