We store cookies on your device to make sure we give you the best experience on this website. I'm fine with this - Turn cookies off
Switch to an accessible version of this website which is easier to read. (requires cookies)

Kent Police update July 2011 - Cheriton and Morehall

August 11, 2011 11:25 AM

Kent Police update for the month of July 2011, for the Cheriton & Morehall areas.

Officers Mark Ball & Debbie Bishop attended Cheriton Primary School for their annual summer fete. Security marking was conducted on mobile phones and bikes. Safety advice was also provided, and local issues discussed.

On Friday 15th July 2011 PCSO Mark Ball and Special Constable Rob Creron attended Chart Road in relation to a report of a young person threatening his mother with a knife. Upon arrival, the youth ran away but was soon found and detained.

Whilst on routine patrol of Radnor Park in Folkestone, officers Mark Wilson and Mark Ball were approached by a member of public, with concerns that some one may be hurt in the toilets. Officers discovered an unconscious male, who was having difficulty in breathing due to taking a drug overdose. The officers gained access to the toilet cubicle and called for an ambulance. Emergency aid was provided and the individual was made stable before being transported to hospital.

Local officers Karen Tappenden, Gavin Rolfe and Mark Ball have continued throughout the month of July to provide appropriate security advice to persons who have left their bicycle unattended and insecure. Cheriton has suffered several bikes thefts recently, and Op Journeyman has been implemented in order to tackle these issues.

Security marking

Security-marked items are less likely to be stolen. Mark items like bikes, lawnmowers, laptops, mobile phones and media players - marking them also makes it easier for the police to return them to you if found. To have your items security marked please contact a local officer.

Be a good neighbour

Contact your local Neighbourhood Watch scheme or Countryeye scheme (for rural areas) to find out how you can help keep your community safe.

If you see anyone acting suspiciously in your neighbourhood, report it. In an emergency call 999, for non-urgent crime reports and enquiries call 01622 690690.

Report anti-social behaviour

If you are concerned about anti-social behaviour and disorder in your area, you can report it to your neighbourhood officer. Some community issues should be reported to your local council or another agency - for details read our A-Z of who to contact.

For details of your neighbourhood officer:

On your ward page you will find:

  • details of how to contact your neighbourhood officer
  • dates and times of future public meetings where you can meet your officers and chat to them about your community concerns
  • crime statistics for your ward
  • details of your local police station

Please do not contact your neighbourhood officer to report an emergency. Where a crime is in progress or life is in danger call 999


This is the time of year when we are all thinking about our summer Holiday below is some advice I hope will be handy.

Travelling between France and England has never been simpler. With the Channel Tunnel and regular ferries, it's a quick and easy journey for work or a holiday.

But what do you do if you're a victim of crime while away from home? Here Kent Police and the French Police and Gendarmerie have provided guidance to take the stress out of reporting a crime abroad.

Reporting a crime in France

Guidance and advice on what to do in an emergency, how to report a crime and how to stay safe in France.

Emergency numbers in Europe

There are different numbers in Europe to use when contacting the emergency services. Find out what these are.

News, advice and factsheets

Advice on driving safely and factsheets to take with you when travelling to France.


Thursday 11th August 2011, from 10:00 till 11:30 hrs at Cheriton Baptist Church, with PCSO Mark Ball & PCSO Debbie Bishop (Sandgate officer)